re: bugs

From: "Robert Wilson" <robertwilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Robert asked:

<Anyone found a good way of removing dead bugs from
the fairing?

I use lanolin hand cleaner available at any auto parts
store. Make sure you get the pure stuff with NO pumice
abraisive. Just wet the bike down and spread the
cleaner on the bugs. Wait a couple of minutes and rub
them off with your fingertips. You can even use a
fingernail for the really stubborn ones.

I use this stuff to clean the windscreen as well. It
is the only way I know of to guaranty you won't
scratch the plastic (no fingernails on the screen,
please).

Use way more water than you think necessary when
washing the stuff off, It gets into all sorts of
cracks and crannies and you'll catch it as you're
drying the bike off.