Top rack installation

Anyone have trouble installing their top rack? I got mine on but was
disappointed in the amount of grinding I had to do on the brackets to get it
to fit. The fit reminded me of an aftermarket item rather than a factory
part. My dealer has had trouble installing them more then once. Makes me
wonder why all the brackets and plates are necessary when the rack isn't to
exceed something like 6 lb. Any comments?
Ron Dixon
00ST red (Precious Mable)