Re: I've just signed my life away :-)

Phil-Don't feel bad. The same thing happened to me. I went into the
dealer to check out the new TT600 which I'd been lusting after ever
since the press intro. After a 30 test ride on the TT, I was over it.
Too aggressive of a riding position and method for a, shall we say
"mature," rider like myself. The dealer suggested a spin on a Daytona.
Liked the engine a lot! Riding position a little too forward. Went
around the block on a RS and the next thing I knew I was riding out of
the dealership on a New '99 ST. I just went for a test ride! One month
and 2k mi latter, no regrets only a smile a mile wide. Worst part, I've
developed a nasty habit of showing up late for work, and going to the
store and not coming back for 3 or 4 hours!
    As for leaving your beauty alone. Dont' worry, I had the same
dilema. My solution was to ride the piss out of it for three days and
get the first  (hardest) 500 mi out of the way, the drop off at the
dealer for 500 mi service while you're away. I don't think leaving it
for 3 weeks will require any special prep, although you might need some
professional help! You can find it on the list, along with many
volunteers to ride your bike is you isist.
    My thoughts about break in: I would follow it TO THE LETTER. There
are many who may say it is unnecessary, but why would Triumph put a
sticker on the tank if it wasn't important.  Many miles down the road if
you, heaven forbid, have problems with your engine, wouldn't you rather
have the piece of mind knowing that it wasn't caused by something you
did during break-in?  It also helps,  karmicaly (sp?),if you have to
fight tooth and nail for a warranty claim as I have had to do with
another manufacturer.
    Welcome to the Club

Davie Dawg
'99 ST