Re: Been and gorn and dunnit ...

> From: "Robert Wilson" <rgw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Triumph alarm, works well but has the annoying habit of self-arming
> bought my bike from Carl Rosner, get well soon Robert.

Hmmm. I've heard others complain about that alarm. Can't you just leave the ignition on while you're moving the bike about?

Carl was back in harness yesterday, having cut his holiday short. Apparently Robert isn't in mortal danger or anything, but it is a bad break and he's likely to be off for quite a while.

If you know Carl, where are you?

> From: don draper <donnydogood@xxxxxxxx>
> There have been numerous electrical problems reported on this list
> which have been traced to alarms. Your money might be better spent
> securing your bike.
> What do you think of the clutch lever?
> replaced mine with a dogleg lever for a GSXR750
> use the leads for the clutch kill switch to mount a little toggle switch hidden
> under the fairing

Thanks for the ideas. I was particularly interested in an immobiliser because the insurance (UK Group 14 - ouch!) will be about 20% cheaper with one fitted. The clutch? Seems fine. Can't see what the fuss is about. After a Guzzi all clutches seem light! I do like the hidden toggle idea though ...

Barry
2000 RS