RE: Near miss

I've also had the experience of nearly riding up the rear end of a buzzard!
There was a road somewhere in Nevada that had road signs warning of buzzards
on the road. I remember not giving it much attention until that dot on the
road far ahead got closer and closer and when I finally realized I was
rapidly approaching a big bird at well over ninety, I still didn't get too
concerned. Birds fly out of the way, right?

Now I understand that with their tendency to fly directly away from an
approaching vehicle, combined with a meager take-off thrust, they've gone
through a few windshields.

I feel your fear. ;-)

Brett
Seattle