Screwed!!!!

Hi,
    Having a bad day! The brand spanking new Metzeler MEZ4 front tire I had
mounted on Monday got a screw in it. I hadn't even rode the bike on
Wednesday due to rain all day. Thursday, I find the screw (small stainless
1/2" long self-tapping fluted head) in the groove an 1 1/2" off center. It
was still shiny and didn't appear to be in very deep, but when I pulled it
out, the tire went flat. There isn't much depth to a tubeless motorcycle
tire body after all.
    Well, after talking to the place I bought it, another motorcycle dealer
and consulting the web, I have ordered a new ME4Z from Motorcycle
Accessories Warehouse. It seems that repairs to motorcycle tubeless tires
are not recommended and are supposed to only be temporary. Even with an
inside out patch, you are not supposed to exceed 80 MPH (and who can do
that?) with a tire rated to 149 MPH (according to Dunlop). On the bright
side, the new tire is $100 including shipping and handling (found ad in
Cycle World magazine). On the dark side, it will take a week to get here,
then I have to get it mounted/balanced; and today it is absolutely perfect
(70 degrees F. and sunny) for riding and it is supposed to remain samo, samo
through the weekend! Please shoot me!!!!
    I was really enjoying these new tires until this happened. Well, it's
better to be safe then sorry, especially with a front tire.
Hurtin' for certain!
Bob - 'red '99 ST

- ------ http://USFamily.Net/info - Unlimited Internet - From $7.99/mo! ------