Re: Jack Lilley comes through again

On Sat, 19 Aug 2000 18:51:30 GMT, you wrote:

>Of note, I had taken a suggestion posted on the list a few months ago and
>had drilled holes in the "foot" of each bag and had strung a bungee between
>the two bags in order to reduce the bags flopping around at higher speeds.
>This bungee stayed connected and dragged the pannier behind the bike.

Hi Pete,

  If installed properly, I don't think that the bags should flap
around at all. I only mention this because as a coincidence Eric
Sheley observed on Mark Hankes bike that his panniers flopped around
quite a bit. Upon further inspection it was noted that the bracing
hardware on the underside of the bags was missing. Missing parts or
sloppy installation I don't know. Anyway, You might want to verify you
have all the hardware.

Later,

Ken Pickett