HELP - belly pan melting info needed

I have a June '99 Sprint ST with the bellypan melting on the right side.

Lisa and others at the rally have told me that their melted pans were
covered under warranty.
I talked with the Triumph rep at the rally this weekend and he said it's
covered and will be fixed under warrranty.

My dealer, Sonny Collier of Collier Cycles in Nashville, TN told me today
that he talked to Triumph's service manager, the person who approves all
warranty work, and that he said he hadn't heard of such a thing before and
that it is NOT covered by warranty.  He then gave me the routine speech
about not believing what you read on the internet, etc.....

I couldn't remember the name of the guy from Triumph, the one who dumped the
red ST, think it was Jerry something....  but he did tell me face to face
that it is indeed covered, though there hasn't been a service bulletin put
out on it.

Can anybody give me the name and number of who I have to call to get this
taken care of?  I want to say the service manager my dealer mentioned was
named Shel something but might be wrong.

On a similar note, I am getting my right side repaired and repainted
(dropped it) including new SPRINT ST decal, for under $500.  I'll post when
it's done and let you know how it came out.