RE: New Fuel Senders

Eric wrote:

> There is a new version of the fuel sender which has been in the US for
> approximately two weeks - Triumph is expecting this to be the final
version
> of this part (which means that they have tested it harder, and so far it
> seems to be holding up). All old stock at ToA has been returned to the
U.K.

> The new fuel senders can be identified by the two dots (1 red and 1 green)

> on the bottom (on the metal piece, where the wires come out). If you are
> having problems with the leak, you need to contact your dealer and arrange

> for this new part to be fitted under warranty.

Surely a fuel leak problem is a major risk and warrants a recall. Fuel is
flammable last time I checked... If Triumph have known this is a problem and
come up with a new version of the sender which has been in the US for 2
weeks, then how come it took you to contact them for us to find out about
this. Why has there been no announcement on something so potentially
dangerous. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your efforts in finding this
info out for us. But I am highly disappointed by what I perceive to be
Triumphs lack of responsibility.

Grunter
(wearing his asbestos underpants for more reasons than one now)