Re: Another Shifter

In a message dated 8/23/00 12:57:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Neil Halbert
writes:

<<  Hi all,
 Well it looks like you mark up another shifter replacement. The other
morning on
 the way in to work I went to down shift for a turn and the connecting rod
snapped
 at the end of the threaded section, on the end connected to the shifter fork
 shaft. The dealer is going to replace it under warrantee with the single
piece
 unit.

 Thanks to Paul Wilson for posting the part number from your Americade outing
 experience. It made things very easy in dealing with this issue over the
phone.
 Now if we can have it shipped to the house so I don't have to truck it into
 Boston. A two hour round trip, on a good traffic day, for a 5 minute job.

 FYI - a dealer is not permitted to allow customers to perform their own
warranty repairs.  To do so invalidates the warranty on the installation and
may have additional  ramifications downstream if there is a subsequent
failure of the customer installed part.

On the other hand, if the customer chooses to purchase and install the part
on his or her own that is not a problem either for the dealer or the OEM.

Kenny Stewart
Road Dawg

End of st-digest V2000 #430