Wake up America (that fuel sender thing again)

(Turning on soap box mode, let the blathering begin)

  I find it ludicrous to think that Triumph does not care or is
dragging their feet in resolving the fuel sender issue. If you don't
think they care about our personal safety then how about the financial
liability it represents. We live in a country were we can be rewarded
with huge financial settlements for our own blatant stupidity (hot
coffee in our laps $$$$) So Wally welder decides to weld next to his
leaky Sprint and goes up in flames. Who do you think is going to pay
for that?  I'm sure Triumph doesn't want to.

  I agree with Eric's assessment of the situation. You first have to
identify the problem then formulate a solution and implement it.
Anyone in the manufacturing industry knows that changes that go from
design to manufacturing do not happen over night.

  To anyone holding off on their decision to buy a Sprint based on
this issue, you are only denying yourself the pleasure of a fantastic
piece of machinery. This motorcycle is going into production for it's
third year and the biggest problem has been this sender. Personally, I
think that is awesome for a new design. Subscribe to the BMW list or
the VFR list. My guess is they have problems here and there. No one
makes an infallible bike. This is what I can tell you for sure, that
at least 40 something Sprints came to North Carolina from all over the
country representing some ungodly number of miles and not one person
was sent walking due to a mechanical failure. Try that with a Harley
rallye.

Ken Pickett

Proud owner of a 2000 ST