Re: fuel sender- official count

Ken Mitchell
2000 Sprint RS
build date 12/99
bought 15MAR2000
8359 miles
no problems.....until my 6000 mile service

I am new on this list, and have no idea what the big trouble with fuel
senders is. I just had my RS in for it's 6K service (at 7,666 miles!) . The
next day, I noticed the odor of fuel, and a spot on the floor. Is this
possibly related to the  aforementioned sender?

TIA

Ken M.