Re: for Ken Mitchell - Re: fuel sender- official count

At 04:52 PM 8/25/00 -0700, Keith Winter wrote:
>I can understand the tank being removed for the 12000, when
>they have to get to the intake valves for the valve clearance
>check, but I don't know what part of the 6000 mile service might
>require it; are the valves also checked at that service, too?

They shouldn't be.

Service items that would require removal would be:

Fuel Filter replacement
Air Filter replacement
Valve check
Spark Plug Replacement
Throttle Body balance
Rear Wheel Bearing - lubricate (just making sure you're awake)

All those items are scheduled for the 12k .......

- - Eric