Re: Heated grips / vest

On 26 Aug 2000, at 13:17, Pete Berg wrote:

> I'm planning a ride from Detroit to Miami in late October / early
> November. Up here in the northern states it will probably be cold!
> Question: Do the heated grips transmit heat through heavy gloves?
> Also, does the switch allow you to regulate the heat somehow (low
> setting / high setting)?

Pete, the switch has a low and a high position.  I can guarantee
that on high, the heat from the grips will penetrate even the
thickest, heaviest gloves.  Even on real cold mornings here in
Northern California, I have yet to find a temp low enough that I
could use the high setting without cooking my hands; even on
low, I find that I have to cycle them on and off.  I think they will
work fine for you.  Have a great ride!

- -Keith
'00 RS
Fremont, CA, USA