Re: st-digest V2000 #424

In a message dated 8/20/00 9:57:10 PM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< OK, so here's the question: does anyone else in a warm climate have any
experience with heat-induced gasoline leakage? My old Speed Triple _has_
leaked when I've filled the tank to the top and parked in the sun, but
leaving just a little headspace has worked. It doesn't appear to be working
here...even when the bike is parked in a garage and not in the sun. >>

I routinely overfill my tank, but don't need to park in sun-no leaks. I still
have original malfunctioning fuel gauge, which I am keeping, on advice from
the list. I did replace my malfunctioning check valve on the tank vent line
which was causing a vacuum-no trouble that way since. Dave Collins, San Diego