leakage

So my 2000 ST, in the heretofore-reliable Blue started leaking after the
6,000 mile service...

...various theories by the dealer, including "You overfilled the tank and
left it in the sun"; "When you overfilled the tank and left it in the sun,
you filled the carbon canister (which they were supposed to  remove at the
service)"; and the ever-popular "_we_ can't make it leak", which culminated
in:

"You punched a hole in it with a fuel nozzle," as explained to me by the
head mechanic.

I expressed substantial disbelief, and a warm confidence that this would be
a warranty claim, as I have never used a punch press to put the fuel nozzle
into the tank. He was doubtful about the warranty, and I encouraged him to
be resolute, using the kind of comforting language and attitude I use on
$250/hr Unix consultants who can't be bothered to set up machines
correctly. He saw the error of his ways and got warranty approval.

They have now ordered a new tank under warranty. Who is the parts contact
at TOA?? I think this'll be a long wait...and has anyone else ever heard of
anything remotely like this??

MarcD who may be moving his service business. Larry has sold or is selling
Orange County Triumph, which means I can spend $$ there, and Jeremy Horn is
a pretty good kid...