RS follow-up

You may recall that when I first spoke to this list about the RS I asked, half-jokingly, whether anyone had played with the ignition/injection themselves. Nobody had.

Well now you can, if you wish! I guess this will appeal more to Daytona and Speed Triple owners, but John Wilcox offers a system allowing you to tune your system as required, and even program it yourself from a PC:

http://www.wilcoxengines.demon.co.uk/modefi.htm

Remember you don't HAVE to go for balls-out power. For example, if I had an ST and did a lot of loaded-up touring, I'd be very tempted to re-tune for optimum low rev torque. If I ever go for an even less restrictive aftermarket pipe on the RS then this bit of kit could be vital.

Barry