Intro & RS saddlebag install problems..

Hi, all..

Been lurking here on the list since I picked up a new Yellow RS on June 3rd.
This is my first bike and I absolutely love it. It scares the crap outta me
sometimes but I still love it.. One leaky (strong smell, no puddle) fuel
sender at 1000 miles. The mechanic said it was leaking "through the wires"
if anybody's keeping track. Guess this means that it wasn't a gasket.

Anyway, I'm trying to install the Triumph saddlebags. Put the brackets on
last night - no problem but ran out of light. Tried putting the panel
protectors on tonight and am having problems. The rear 1/4 turn deals work
fine but the front ones don't quite reach the clips. They're maybe a third
of an inch too far away.

I've checked and rechecked the directions/pictures and am pretty sure I did
everything as-instructed. The brackets aren't scratched up or anything so I
think they're in the same shape as when Triumph made them.

Any other RS owners out there have similar problems?? I can take some
pictures if needed.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Can I be Plaid Dawg???
Thanks,
- -Dave