Re: five years of triumph

Mucho snippage..

> piss poor clutch lever. i have saved my biggest gripe for last. the
>suspension on this bike
absolutely blows.

Ok James here are my thoughts:

Clutch Lever: replace lever with unit from 99 ST it is more curved
and has a much better feel. If that one doesn't fit try aftermarket.
The problem is that Triumph made it too flat, not enough curve to it.

Suspension rear shock: Replace with Ohlins. This is a available from
Wim Kroon the Dutch importer for WHOLESALE  you should be able to get
an Ohlins for about $650.00 shipped
try http://www.ohlins.nl

Power: This is a guess but if you have a good dealer try down loading
the ST tune into it.
We have kicked around the fact that one can use different tunes on
different bikes so why not the ST tune into an RS, everything being
equal this may be the trick.

As for the light around the fairing at night could you fit foam
rubber or something inside the fairing to block it??

Lastly the price drop: If you don't want to take the price hit don't
be the first on your block to have to have the newest model! Wait six
months or so. The prices are always better after the models been out
awhile, you should have learned that from the T'Bird you bought.

Erik