pannier/tire warning and track day questions

Dear List,

After a day of aggressive riding on some very bumpy roads (scraping pegs,
plastic and center stand) with stock suspension settings, I noticed strange
wear on my D207 rear tire.  The very left edge side of the tire was abraded
by contact with the pannier installed seat lock mechanism.  I have since
changed the suspension settings to the manual suggested "firm" position and
have experienced slightly rougher ride with much better cornering.  I also
bent the lock mechanism out to be further from the tire under heavy
suspension loads.

If you have hard panniers be aware that the seat lock may rub against the
rear tire with rough pavement,  aggressive riding, or heavy load
(passenger).

On another note,  I plan to take the ST to a track day soon and have learned
that taping of the mirrors and lights is  required.  I know that mirror
removal is easy,  is it easy to disconnect the headlight and brakelight?
Also since I have never been, any general track info dos-and dont's would be
appreciated.

Peter Licht
1999 ST