Re: Falco

Great points all. For the Falco to really wake up, it needs a new exhaust and chip - costs from $650 to $1200. I don't know what system I'll get yet, but I'll also get a smaller front sprocket to improve acceleration (as I did on the Sprint).

The Falco will never spin up as fast as the Sprint and it probably will never pull as hard on the very bottom. It does spin up quickly though, and above 7000 RPM, watch out!

- --David

p.s. Robert, I agree about the pipe in the Futura. Kinda ugly. It was put there to accommodate hard bags.

At 10:05 AM 11/30/00 -0800, you wrote:

>I also lusted at a Falco and rode it before buying my RS.  The one I
>rode had TBR risers on it, which, in my opinion, would be the only way
>I could tolerate the seating position.  I liked the bike, still think it's
>gorgeous, but I like the Triumph engine better and the ergos are better for
>me.  The Falco has the hardest doggone seat on the planet!!!  (But that
>obviously could be modified.)
>
>Kathy
>'00 RS
>Snohomish, WA