Re: Heat from engine and other questions

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Findiesen-Jr, William H" <William.FindiesenJr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'ST List'" <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: December 5, 2000 8:10 AM
Subject: Heat from engine

http://www.triumphnet.com/st/mail.htm

> 2. What have owners done about the heat that emanates from the right
> side?

see archive for lots of discussion

> 3. What do people recommend for heated vests?

check this site out -- many would agree that they are the best

http://www.gerbing.com/

> The plug receptacle on the right side seems perfectly
> located.

umm, I think it's on the left side actually

> 4. I have heard about the unreliability of the fuel quantity system

I'm on my fourth fuel sender (first one didn't work at all, second one
leaked, third one was replaced due to recall even though it was working fine
at the time)

fuel gauge sender is inherently non-linear and there's really nothing that
can be done about it -- many car gauges are the same

> 5. Has anyone fitted a GPS unit?

best bet is to consult the archive

> 6. I am getting the 3-bag set up (saddle and trunk). Has anyone also
> used the tank bag?

ditto

Neil