Re: Falco

At 05:54 PM 12/5/00 +0000, you wrote:
>A local dealer, Scuderia West, is offering the chip and new exhaust, gratis,
>as part of the Falco package.  I guess other dealers are not doing that.

I bought my Falco at Scuderia. They're offering $800 (or $1000 - I forget) in shop credit. Most people just get the Aprilia carbon pipes and chip. Since I want a high-mount pipe for my Falco, I took the money. I got some boots, Held gloves, a new helmet, a rear stand and a few other things.

>I wonder why you think the Sprint is faster, since the Falco specs (at least)
>show a lighter bike with more horsepower.

I don't think that. The Falco is faster AND quicker than the Sprint. What I meant was the Sprint gets to higher RPMs faster than the Falco does and it feels like it has more power at the very lowest RPMs (like up to 3000). The Falco wakes up VERY quickly though and the power hits like a tidal wave.

>Of course, there is more to life
>than that.  I'm not trying to be a Triumph detractor, as I love my Triumph
>and would consider getting another one, it's just that the Falco spins my
>wheels.

You and me both. I loved my Sprint. I wanted a sportier bike, and I wanted to try a half-faired V-Twin. I just got the Falco back from the 600 mile service and so far I'm very happy.

- --David

p.s. Are my emails still showing up in HTML?!?
Dress up your Triumph. Get HubAmmo!

http://members.home.com/dbenj/arno/index.htm