Trailering

I am about to go on a 1250 mile trip, from New York to Palm Beach and have
to face the reality of winter on the eastern seaboard.  However I would like
to take my bike with me.  After only about 3 weeks of non riding I am going
through withdrawal.  I think a nice ride from Palm Beach (home of the
hanging chad) to Key West and maybe a quick run up to Orlando is a nice
antedote to my symtoms.

I have access to a flat bed utility trailer that I will use to bring the ST
with me.  The questions are:

1 Other than chocking the front wheel should I be using any other chocks or
channels to hold the wheel or wheels.

2 I have heard that damage to the front forks can result from compressing
them while trailering....how do I avoid this.

3 Should the bike be up on the center stand for this operation.

4 What are good tie down points to use.

5 Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Eric

'00 Triumph Sprint ST Blue (The color babes like the best)
'80 Triumph TR-8 roadster (under ongoing restoration)
'99 Mustang convertable (the winter rat and tow vehicle)