2001 RS

Hi
I took delivery of a 2001 RS on 5 December 2000 and have done just over 800
km's to date. To say the bike has "character" is a bit of an understatement,
but i'm sure that the noisy and stiff gearbox will sort itself out as the
miles roll past. My one true concern however is a second neutral between 5th
and 6th gear. It has happened about four times now that I somehow managed to
miss top gear (sending the revs to 7K during break-in). I am an experienced
rider but all my previuos bikes were Honda's with silky smooth flawless
boxes. Enough moaning lets get to the good parts!!!!
Performance: Predictable, smooth and confidence boosting
Handling: Great despite what the critics say about the cheap Showa front-end
Tires: (BT020) Great during our HOT South African Summer, I will switch to a
soft compound for winter
Overall: The nicest bike I've ever ridden!

Please inform me of similar gearbox problems
Thanks
Gerrit (south Africa)