Re: RS insurance...WOW!

 Inquired of my insurance company (GEICO) as to what
 I could expect to pay for insurance. SHOCK!!!  I was
 quoted $2,152. 00 a year! The RS was in the highest
 classification...the same as my friends Hayabusa!

 I know that GEICO is known to be a "low risk" insurer,
 but that is outrageous...I pay $271.00/yr for my T'Bird.
 So, what is the story? What are you guys/gals paying
 to ride your RS/ST's? What companies are you using?

Hi Triumph Folks,
Regarding insurance and Geico, I was paying $300 per year to Geico for full coverage on my 2000 ST, sold it for a Guzzi V11 Sport, Geico raised me to $720! I called the Rider Club Plan (GMAC), got it for $350, and for DOUBLE the coverages I had through Geico. Even though the Guzzi cost more than the ST initially, it has no fairing, minimal bodywork, less H.P., etc., factors that should make it less expensive to insure. By the way, I am 52, no moving violations, no accidents, AMA member. So check around, stop paying for those cite commercials Geico is blitzing the media with!
John Heinzer
'00 Guzzi V11 Sport
'00 Triumph ST (gone - wish I could afford two bikes!)