Re: RS insurance...WOW!

You REALLY need to get rid of Geico.  I won't go into the things they
do.  You may get a good rate on the bike they see as a standard, but
everything else they won't touch, and so quote you a nasty rate so they
don't have to deal with you.  They mean it.  Certain insurance companies
don't care whether you're a good rider/driver or not, they just see
anything with plastic and some performance traits as totally high-risk
don't even get near it.

I'm in South Carolina, a very insurance expensive state, and full
coverage on the ST is ~$400/yr.  You can't beat that.  That's at 25yrs
old and married.  My last bike, a YZF1000 was $360/yr liability only,
when I was at 24 with a speeding ticket and married.  IT REALLY PAYS TO
SHOP AROUND.  My 2 cents.

Mark Collett

CASHFOUR@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I've been on this list for some time now...learning a lot!
> I ride a 1996 Triumph ThunderBird and have been looking
> to move to a Sprint RS. Found a 2000 Diablo Orange one
> with 1700 miles in perfect condition for $6200! Such a
> deal!
>
> Inquired of my insurance company (GEICO) as to what
> I could expect to pay for insurance. SHOCK!!!  I was
> quoted $2,152. 00 a year! The RS was in the highest
> classification...the same as my friends Hayabusa!
>
> I know that GEICO is known to be a "low risk" insurer,
> but that is outrageous...I pay $271.00/yr for my T'Bird.
> So, what is the story? What are you guys/gals paying
> to ride your RS/ST's? What companies are you using?
>
> I'm 56. married, safe driver license, MSF advanced
> course, etc. Thanks for the info...
>
> Shannon
> 1996 T'Bird

- --