Re: Aiming headlights

>>>Not wishing to be pedantic here .... but really the beam should be aimed
downward IMHO and probably the opinion of Department of Transport <<<

Correct, It is normally stated that the top of low beam should be several
inches below the height of the center of the headlight lens at 25 ft. Also
the 'bend' in the cutoff (where the angle of the top of the beam changes
from flat to upwards) should be directly in front of the headlight lens. If
you use a wall etc you will see the bit I mean.

Bike should be at normal ride height both front & rear, full tank, rider
seated on bike, normal luggage etc. The pedantic ones will also check tyre
pressures. A motorcycle has a short wheelbase so any change in ride height
front or rear will have a noticeable effect on headlight beam height.

I find it easier to do 1 light at a time with the other covered. After
measuring the height of the center of the lens, I put a cross on the wall
with either tape or chalk. I use tape so I can peel it off afterwards so
the guy with the workshop across the road doesnt get in in the morning &
wonder why there are chalk crosses on his workshop door.... (Thanks, Fred !
).

Darren.
2000 ST
Melbourne, Australia