Re: AOL HTML

> Forget it for a while, the text option was deleted on purpose for version
6.
> They got some fancy features available for their e-mail clients by using
HTML
> and are looking toward adding more that can't be done using plain text.  I
> think they're waiting to see how much flak or how many drop out due to
this
> change before they figure out if they want to go back to a plain text
option.
>  Just go back to using version 5.

I'm not an AOL user so I don't know what these extra features might be, but
it seems to me that they still could have included an option to selectively
or temporarily turn off HTML and still include the extra functionality by
default.  I suspect that they just didn't want to invest the time and effort
in programming this capability unless they are 'forced' to.