Muffler bracket for panniers

Hello all,
     I am trying to fit a set of throwover panniers (aftermarket) on my ST
for a trip away at Christmas. Decided it would make things easier for a
pillion if I lower the muffler & therefore can fit the bags a bit lower.
     I just rang the Triumph dealer & there is nil stock of the factory
lowering bracket at the dealer or importer, therefore they cannot supply
for at least 3 weeks. Unfortunately I need 1 before the weekend.
     I'm sure I could make one myself but would like to use the same
dimensions as the factory bit (which I have never seen firsthand). Could
anyone out there with the factory pannier kit measure up the bracket &
advise dimensions, eg, length, approximate angle of bend etc. All help
appreciated.

Thanks,

Darren Mason,
2000 ST,