Lodging on Cal. State Hwy 1?

Seasons Greetings everyone,

Can anyone recommend any friendly lodging between
Carmel and Big Sur on California State Highway 1?
I'd like something where I can have my bike rest (me
too) in a safe environment with a tavern/cafe within
walking distance.

I'm not sure what lies in this region of the Coast
Highway (regarding lodging), last time I took this
trek I was so happy riding my new RS I didn't want to
stop and check out the views.  Thats the bummer about
having a fun bike to ride, you don't stop enough to
check out the scenery!

I appreciate any advice,
- - George.
00' RS.