Re: New file uploaded

On 22 Dec 2000, at 20:29, Robert Head wrote:

> > > Is that the Bixby Bridge?
> >
> > Yes, it is.  I'm afraid the quality of the picture is not great; I had
> > one of those throw away cameras, which does not produce very
> > good pictures.
>
> Cool......I have a thing for bridges....new ,old and interesting. Went to
> the Bixby in July when Jenna and I were there for the Laguna Seca WSB
> races.

My riding buddy had his digital camera along and got a great
shot of the bridge from the same spot as the one I uploaded.  I'll
try to reduce it to a manageable size and upload it to the list in a
few minutes.

> Not on a bike though. Hope to do that some day.

Highway one along that section of the California coast is a great
biking road, especially during the week this time of year, when
there is little or no traffic.

> If you are interested in lighthouses and you get a chance check out Point
> Sur which is in the area...and restaurants....Nepenthe' (i thinks thats
> correct).....

That's correct; in fact, that's where we ate on Wednesday.  Kind
of pricey ($11.50 for a burger...), but the view from the patio
dining area is hard to beat.

> also the old coast road,which starts there at the Bixby. I
> think it could be done on a bike.

I've not seen that one; I'll have to check it out sometime, and the
lighthouse you mention above.

- -Keith
'00 RS
Fremont, CA, USA