Re: heat

"Tony Westlake" <twestlake@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I used to own a BMW K100 RT & it used to get hot, very hot. Of course =
> you could not detect any heat when you were riding in 25 degree weather =
> but which is when I was looking for it. But in the summer the bike's =
> heat made all that was good about the bike not worth anything. I am =
> afraid of the heat issue on the ST. Should I be?

No, you shouldn't worry.

When I rode to the Rallye in August (from Florida through Georgia to North
Carolina) the radio at one gas stop in Georgia said that it was the hottest
day of the summer.  They reported a number of people carted off for heat
stroke, etc.  I just kept riding.  I made sure I was hydrated using the
Camelbak (water holding backpack) so I could drink on the go.  I'd stop and
refill from a thermos (loaded with ice and water) whenever it went empty ...
which was often!

I have a thermometer clipped to the bars.  It was reading 120F (much of that
was heat reflected from the roads).  I just kept moving and drinking.  It
was tolerable.  And I never even noticed heat coming from the ST.  It was
probably cooler than what was all around!

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue Triumph Sprint ST "Jewel"