Re: heat

> << Hello All:
>     Removing the front of the belly pan won't do much to dissipate heat
for
> the ST.  >>
> I disagree.  While your never going to be as cool as on an unfaired bike,
it
> helps immensely.  And IMHO takes it from untolerable to tolerable.  But
don't
> believe me just wait till summers broil.  Remove lowers (10 minute job),
and
> ride back to back and see which you prefer then ride and report your
findings
> back to this list.
>
> Ken T. from Ca.

I have to put in my $.02 here. Since I spent a great deal of time with half
a fairing (Sprint SS) I have to say I feel qualified to say that the bike is
hotter with the fairing off for the rider and cooler for the passenger. The
fairing ducts air away from you much better than you might think.

Paul & Dee Steinbacher
1999 Sprint ST
1997 Buell M2