re: new RS

>  >I'm a newly subscribed member of the list living in the UK.
>  >I am at present riding a Yamaha Thundercat but am seriously considering
>  >upgrading. I had thought about either an VFR800 or an ST but since I don't
>  >do that much touring I was drawn to the Sprint RS.

	Just so ya know, the RS is a very capable tourer, too. With a 45 liter
hard, locking topcase, a pair of 24 to 48 liter expandable throwover panniers,
and a 14 to 18 liter expandable tankbag you have quite a lot of carrying
capacity.
	Also, I know I'm kinda biased at this point, but I've ridden a VFR and
just can't understand how anyone would find it better than the RS/ST. It's
forks are better, I think, but that's easily remedied (RaceTech), and
everything else is at least as good to considerably better on the Triumph. Just
roll on the throttle in top gear at any speed and you'll be convinced.

FWIW,

	"Jedi Dawg"  Jim Huber
	'00 blue ST  "Rhiannon"
	'01 SV650S  "Cherii"