Triumph Aspen Suit

Gang,

Sorry it has taken a while to get back, but I've been in airports for the
last 24hrs. Back in Whistler now and just waiting for a buddy to show up so
we can hit the slopes!

> How is it for getting in and out of? I have a Belstaff
> jacket and Joe Rocket pants with good armor and excellent weather
protection,
> but it takes a couple of minutes to get into. I've seen people don a one
piece
> Aerostich in seconds, which is part of the attraction for me.

The new Aspen suit has the full length zippers and is very quick to get in
and out of. That's important to us as we're slinging guest's bags as soon as
we get to the hotel and there's no time to change. There is a full length
zip-in liner, and seems well ventilated for those of you riding in Florida.

> Mike, do you know if they plan on making unisex sizes or did they
> say they have both mens and womens sizing? (if they said :-) )

Kathy, sizing is Unisex. Nice to know that the gal who designed it rides
almost everyday (in rainy ol' England), and has been riding for over ten
years.

Bill, Here's my experience with Triumph sizing. I'm 6'0", 175lbs and the
Large fits just fine, but without a whole lot of room for extra layers
underneath. Based on the liner system, I doubt I'll ever wear more than a
thin fleece over a flannel shirt even on the coldest days.

Cost: They are retailing for $975 Canadian Pesos or about $700 US if I
remember correctly.

Regarding colors, the Aspen suit is only available in Black with Grey at the
moment. It has some relective strips along the shoulders and back, but
you're not going to get the "hi viz" effect of the Aerostich.

I suggest buying the Aspen suit and the new TT600 in yellow. Or perhaps a
Pink Speed Triple and a Carbon Can, now that will get you noticed! Both
bikes look very nice parked beside an ST/RS in the driveway.

Have a great New Year Everybody!

Mike Ciebien
Rocky Mountain Motorcycle Holidays
www.rockymtnmoto.com