Happy New Year

Well, another year is almost behind us. It seems like only yesterday I was
taking delivery of my new ST - now looking at the calendar, my 2 year
warranty is almost up and unbelievably I have no desire for an ST
replacement...... Man, I really love this bike.

2000 has been quite a year. The ST / RS List continues to grow (almost 600
members) as do the websites. The TSRA came into being and put on the first
"official" gathering of ST and RS riders. I spent the summer logging miles
up and down the East Coast and into Canada. And of course I met many new
friends along the way.....

2000 also brought some sorrow - the loss of Troy Blood foremost on my mind
(http://www.triumphnet.com/troy). We also had several on the list
experience "rubber side up" moments - luckily most without serious injury.

I would like to thank....

Chris Ellis (The Triumph man in Canada) for his fish and chips lunch / RAT
ride on the shores of Georgian Bay (and for my new Retro Paddock Jacket for
having the best looking Triumph at the SportBike Rally!!).

Jerry Parrish and Triumph Motorcycles of America for their support of the
TSRA Rallye in Asheville. Jerry is responsible for customer service - a
thankless job that I feel he does extremely well. Hopefully he will make it
through both days of the Rallye in 2001 ;-)

Steve Lilley (Jack Lilley, Ltd) for his continued support of the list -
without his very generous support, this list would not be possible. Steve
sponsors the list, put up the top prize for the First Annual ST / RS photo
contest and runs a top notch Triumph dealership that serves customers
worldwide (not to mention his exclusive line of Triumph CF bits and misc
performance parts). Steve has saved my bacon several times with his
extensive stock of Triumph parts usually delivered to my door (across the
pond) in 3-5 business days. Please remember Steve when choosing where to
get your parts.

Lisa White, Jack Hays and Dennis Tackett for their many hours spent making
sure this year's Rallye was a success.

But most of all, I would like to thank everyone that has taken the time to
contribute to this on-line community this year. We've had a few
disagreements, but overall a huge amount of information has been
distributed - hopefully making everyone's Triumph ownership experience a
little better...

Best wishes to everyone for a happy, safe and successful New Year. Hope to
see many of you at one of this year's Rallyes....

- - Eric

http://www.TriumphNet.com/st
http://www.tsra.cc