Re: Day from Hell

Richard & Lisa White wrote:

> To make a long story short, he has a broken humerous, not too far from
> the joint.

Ack!  I'm sorry to hear that!!!  I'm very glad to know that Richard is in
relatively good shape and I wish him a speedy recovery.

> I hope none of you who ride with someone you
> dearly love ever have to see what I saw. . . . . .  Let us just say,
> I've told him I don't want to go through that again.

Yeah, it's a bad scene.  I crashed in a bicycle race and my loved ones who came to
watch completely freaked out.

> To add insult to injury, on my ride back home in the rain--Richard rode
> with his brother--I picked up a screw in my back tire--and I heard it!

Oh geez!  Hopefully, the tire was ready to replaced anyway.  :-)

> At midnight, let's say that the slate is wiped clean, and we begin a
> brand new, hopefully crash free year . . . .

Hear, hear!

Somehow, I'm glad it's been way too cold (and/or snowy) to ride here in the Great
Plains since mid-November.

GG