Re: fuel injection and petcocks

There is another reason other than repriming your injection system to not let your
bike run out of gas.  The high pressure fuel pump for the injection uses the fuel
passing through it for cooling the pump motor.  If you run out of fuel, the pump
overheats and can burn out.  Now you have a very expensive pump to replace before
your bike will run again.  This may also be the reason petcocks are not used with
fuel injection as you could easily run the system dry by forgetting to turn on the
gas or by not switching to reserve quick enough.

Dan
(this also applies to fuel injected cars)