Re: fuel injection and petcocks

Ahh, the good old days, or were they? :-)   I used to do this as well on my old bikes
that had the frame running down the middle of the tank and it worked well.
Unfortunately these new bikes with the frames running around the periphery of the gas
tank have no separation between the sides anymore.  I noticed this when I pulled off
the tank on my Sprint to install the Scott Oiler vacuum line.  This is also the reason
the Sprint holds a large amount of fuel.  When you run out of gas on your ST you are
really out.

Dan

Rich Weyand wrote:

> All I ever had to do when the engine stumbled going into reserve was
> grab some front brakes.  As reserve was a couple inches on one side of
> the gas tank, hitting the binders sent all the gas sloshing forward,
> and some would end up on the non-reserve side.  Plenty of time now to
> switch over at one's leisure.

End of st-digest V2000 #32