re: new guy ... answers

hello again

thank you very much for your input people.

now for some responses from my end to the questions posed ....

- - i have a arai signet/e large. an exceptionally comfortable helmet but very
noisy. i believe the padding at the back (and around the neck) of the helmet
is a little too loose which makes the helmet less aerodynamic than say the
rf-800. what do the more experienced folk have to say ?

- - and no, i wouldnt want to be riding at freeway speeds with the strap
undone either ;-)

- - the (new) fuel gauge problem is an interesting one. i'm pretty sure they
can come up with a more exact translator between level in the tank and
volume of petrol left in it. all you do is map the level (or pressure
diffrential between the open space in the tank the bottom of the tank) to
the volume of the gasoline at the level.

still struggling with the "get a new bike" demons ... wondering if i can
afford it ... will i be being unfaithful to my f650 by selling it now and
breaking my vows (to love and to cherish, in sickness and in health ...) ?

sorely tempted
misha