My 12,000 mile valve check

Last year on this list there was a considerable amount of debate about
using the factory's new recommended valve clearance check interval of
12,000 miles for the ST or using the old interval of 6,000 miles.  I
decided to trust in the wisdom of the factory engineers and wait until
12,000 miles and had my bike in to the local dealer last week to get
checked.  All of my ST's valve clearances were still within recommended
specification and none needed adjustment.  This really surprised me
because although my bike is not abused, it does get used occasionally
in a "sporting" manner and I am not afraid of using the upper range of
the rev counter and have hit the rev limiter a few times when I was
too busy to watch the tach.

Just thought I would add some input to an old thread.

Gary