Re: Service Interval

500 miles is the "run-in".  500 Mile Service will consist of a change of oil from "run-in oil" to the good stuff.  The entire bike is to be checked and adjusted, including the "computer".  I had the dealer do the 500 mile service, and probably wasted a bunch of money since I can do just about everything myself, except for the computer stuff, which makes no sense to me to check it for fault codes when none have occured.  They told me that they needed to "retorque" fasteners and a bunch of other BS that I just went along with, since I was emotional about my "new bike".  I really believe that they only changed the oil.  I doubt that the fairing even came off...didn't look like it.  I did the 6,000 service myself, which is just an oil change, and of coarse the adjustments for which I have been doing all along.  Adjustments meaning clutch lever/cable , throttle/cable, etc.

>>> Keith W Peters <keith_peters@xxxxxxxxxx> 02/02 8:03 AM >>>
I believe the service interval is every six thousand miles.

If this correct does an oil change and general look around take place after
the running in period or do you actually wait for the first service ?

If there is one after the running in period, at what mileage does this occur.

TIA

Keith W Peters
Wrexham. UK

(Blue ST ownership in 30 days...and counting...)