Re: an alarming story about half the number of the beast

From: Kevin Hoskins <Kevin.Hoskins@xxxxxxx>

> Does anyone know of another
> alarm with the same feature set that does not have the same problem?

    What features does the Triumph alarm have?

    I have a Meta alarm fitted to my ST.  It is a combined alarm and
immobiliser.  Only the immobiliser arms passively; to turn the alarm on you
have to use the remote, which is nice for moving the bike around without
having to put the alarm into a special mode.  The alarm itself is resin
potted and so fairly safe from water, and I went for the deluxe package
which includes a luggage loop.

    About the nicest feature for me is that the remote is part of the key -
they take the original key, remove the black plastic and fit it into a small
remote, so there's no scrabbling around pulling the remote out of a pocket
and putting it away again.  Handy.

    I can't remember the exact prices, but the Meta came in cheaper than
either the Datatool or Spyball.  No problems so far (eight months and
counting).

                Jim
- --
      jim@         ,'_            Don't suppose you'd swap the ZX7 for a
  ixion.org.uk    / -.--.    ___  ZX-4 and a stuffed armadillo?
'99 Sprint ST  \__/ `---'  \__/                         -- Neil Ronketti