Re: Miserable news from Jack Lilley regarding flat batteries and new headlights ....

Leatherbiker wrote:

> I haven't checked out the legislation,

	I've done a bit of web searching but couldn't find anything relevant.

> but I'm assuming that they changed it
> so that on new bikes only one headlight out of a pair is ever allowed to be
> on at any time, since there's no way of getting them to work in tandem using
> the switches.

	That's my understanding.

> The theory was that ditzy blond motorists would then not be able to confuse
> the sight of your bike headlights in his/her rear-view mirror with those of
> a car much further away, I believe. Incredible as it may sound.

	Yup.

[...]
> I thought the legislation was introduced some time late last year.

	That's the weird thing - I believe that this has been the law in at
least some European countries (Germany, ?Italy?) for some years now, but
thought that it had recently been changed in the opposite direction.  Do
any of our continental friends know?  Jonathan?  Andrea?

                Jim
- --
       jim@       ,'_            It turns out I'm not the "Man of Steel"
  gillespie.org  / -.--.    ___  I thought I was...  I'm more the sort
                _\_  ~-.`--'_.-' of... "Man of Play Dough"
 '99 Sprint ST \__/ `---'  \__/               -- Simon "Morphine" Morley