Re: Miserable news from Jack Lilley regarding flat batteries and new headlights ....

That must suck!!!!  Its funny how (at least here in the US) the federal government used to mandate maximum speed limits and presently mandate all sorts of emissions and standard vehicle equipment, yet have no restrictions on vehicle top speeds, which can easily be done.  Speeding tickets are a great business revenue source for the states that the federal government would otherwise have to furnish!!!  Want my opinion, there should be NO speed limits in rural areas.  Oh please fine government, pass more laws to save me from myself!!!!

>>> "Leatherbiker" <Leatherbiker@xxxxxxxxxxx> 03/10 10:46 AM >>>
............was the case with Triumphs suppied to Sweden at one point, where there
was a widget on the engine that stopped it getting up above a certain speed,
since bikes with greater performance capacity than that were not allowed.
Every country and every market has its own idiosyncracies, I reckon.

Tim