Re: Miserable news from Jack Lilley regarding flat batteries and new headlights ....

=>Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 10:38:21 +0000
=>From: Jim Gillespie <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

=>> I thought the legislation was introduced some time late last year.

=>	That's the weird thing - I believe that this has been the law in at
=>least some European countries (Germany, ?Italy?) for some years now, but
=>thought that it had recently been changed in the opposite direction.  Do
=>any of our continental friends know?  Jonathan?  Andrea?

Yes, in Italy this is apparently still a valid law. Or rather I never
heard anything about it being changed. But ... practically all of the
new sports bikes with the dual lamps such as the Yamaha R1 and R6,
Kawa ZX9R and Aprilia RSV are being delivered with both lamps on.
I recently got my own rewired by the local dealer and have both lamps,
obviously with a great improvement. No problem at all with my battery
but then mine is one of the very early models and should not have the
relay problem.

Ciao,
Carlo - All Black ST
Milan