Hi Guys

- ------=_NextPart_000_0056_01BF7671.D77AE240

Firstly, great list and web site, thanks for your efforts Eric.

Just picked up my Black ST "Vadar" on the 11th.  Immaculate with 6600 =
Miles on clock.  Bike was registered directly with Triumph and then =
passed out through Bridge Garage in Exeter, so who knows which Journo or =
lucky fleet rep has had it before me.  Anyway the price was irresistible =
and it seems in good order, perhaps the previous user lavished it with =
love and affection.  Have been in the wilderness for 12 years, kids, =
house etc.  So apart from rides on demonstrators in the meantime, I am =
born again.  Went out for my first real blast today through the South =
Hams in Devon and can honestly say it is the best ride I have ever had.  =
My kind of Bike.

As expected after being a lurker on this group, Fuel Gauge was faulty =
(yellow light and reading empty on just under half a tank).  Bridge =
fitted another sender before I took delivery, but on my ride home it =
plummeted from showing just under half to zero in about three miles.  =
Inspires confidence!  Will put in writing for warranty claim, no doubt =
Triumph will finally get it sorted.  No other problems with Vadar at =
all, have done about 150 miles now.

I was surprised at the amount of wind blast at 80mph+, which I found =
enough to put me off Motorways and will make me think twice about =
touring using these routes.  Will probably investigate Triumph Higher =
Screen unless anyone has any other ideas.  I would also appreciate =
listers comments on luggage.  I really like the look of my ST bare and =
for most weekends I would prefer it to look that way, however I can see =
the need to have luggage on maybe the half a dozen tours I might do in a =
year.  With the Triumph Throw Overs, there is a plastic protector which =
attaches to the bike, can this be removed after a tour easily?  Are they =
a decent size or should I consider the hard luggage, again does this =
leave big bars or protectors on the bike?  I don't mind spending half an =
hour or so, assembling / disassembling bits each time I wish to go away.

Phil
Plymouth, Devon UK

- ------=_NextPart_000_0056_01BF7671.D77AE240

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Firstly, great list and web site, =
thanks for your=20
efforts Eric.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Just picked up my Black ST "Vadar" on =
the=20
11th.&nbsp; Immaculate with 6600 Miles on clock.&nbsp; Bike was=20
registered&nbsp;directly with Triumph and then passed out through Bridge =
Garage=20
in Exeter, so who knows which&nbsp;Journo or lucky fleet rep has had it =
before=20
me.&nbsp; Anyway the price was irresistible and it seems in good order, =
perhaps=20
the previous user lavished it with love and affection.&nbsp; Have been =
in the=20
wilderness for 12 years, kids, house etc.&nbsp; So apart from rides on=20
demonstrators in the meantime, I am born again.&nbsp; Went out for my =
first real=20
blast today&nbsp;through the South Hams in Devon and can honestly say it =
is the=20
best ride I have ever had.&nbsp; My kind of Bike.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>As expected after being a lurker on =
this group,=20
Fuel Gauge was faulty (yellow light and reading empty on just under half =
a=20
tank).&nbsp; Bridge&nbsp;fitted another sender before I took delivery, =
but on my=20
ride home it plummeted from showing just under half to zero in about =
three=20
miles.&nbsp; Inspires confidence!&nbsp; Will put in writing for warranty =
claim,=20
no doubt Triumph will finally get it sorted.&nbsp; No other problems=20
with&nbsp;Vadar at all, have done about 150 miles now.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I was surprised at the amount of wind =
blast at=20
80mph+, which I found enough to put me off Motorways and will make me =
think=20
twice about touring using these routes.&nbsp; Will probably investigate =
Triumph=20
Higher Screen unless anyone has any other ideas.&nbsp; I would also =
appreciate=20
listers comments on luggage.&nbsp; I really like the look of my ST bare =
and for=20
most weekends I would prefer it to look that way, however I can&nbsp;see =
the=20
need to have luggage on maybe the half a&nbsp;dozen tours I might do in =
a=20
year.&nbsp; With the Triumph Throw Overs, there is a plastic protector =
which=20
attaches to the&nbsp;bike, can this be removed after a tour =
easily?&nbsp; Are=20
they a decent size or should I consider the hard luggage, again does =
this leave=20
big bars or protectors on the bike?&nbsp; I don't mind spending half an =
hour or=20
so, assembling / disassembling bits each time I wish to go =
away.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Phil</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Plymouth, Devon =
UK</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0056_01BF7671.D77AE240--