Re: Chain

Thomas

I had used Shell's Advance Chain high adhesion lube. It claims to be a "high
quality 'tacky' lubricant for all motorcycle chains and linkages.
Recdommended for 'O' ring type chain."

However I found, against it's supossed benefits, that it's fling resistant
properties were dubious. Result = black crap flung all over the place with
sticky goo on the rear sprocket and under the seat.

I now use Motul's Chain Lube Plus. It's a fully synthetic white chain
lubricant and is certainly fling resistant. When you bought your bike, it
probably had a white chain. My dealer only uses Motul - truck loads of the
stuff. It comes with a 400ml can with a smaller 200ml (ish) refill. This is
the perfect size for touring.

It's very clean - I'm a convert.

PS. If anyone ever "loses" the silver weight from the handlebar end, it
comes in 5 pieces. All of which have to be bought seperately, and cost
approx A$80.

Bryce