You too can help get Triumph on the podium :-)

Hello all fellow Triumph supporters. I sent the follwoing message to
Steve Lilley earlier in the year.
=-=-=-=-=
Hi Steve,
I made the following post to the Sprint ST list after attending the MC
Show in
San Mateo last weekend. I am very much interested in helping out in a
grass-roots fashion to help someone make the attempt at IOM. Please let
me know
if you are going to give it a go, and where I, and others, might send monetary
contributions. Thanx.

At the Triumph truck, Triumph reaffirmed that John Bloor wasn't going to go
racing. But I have been thinking about this for some time. When I first
read the
first writeup on the TT600, I longed to see the bike give it's namesake
a go. I
suggested to the Triumph rep that a grass-roots effort might help fund an
attempt at the Isle of Mann TT, the "track" it was named for. He
suggested that
Jack Lilley might be fielding a 600. So, I am also forwarding this mail
to their
shop. I am asking them to provide an address where I can send my measly
contribution to help fund their 600 effort, assuming they have one.

After all the excitement this machine has generated on this list and especially
the Triumph-Digest, there must be others out in the world who feel as I
do. I am
so stoked to own a Triumph (the ST is the perfect bike for me), but I
would love
to see the Triumph name back up the podium. I figure $25 won't kill me,
but a
few thousand similar contributions from Trumpeteers around the globe
might make
a significant contribution to a successful attempt. Can't you just see it?
=-=-=-=-=
So how about it? I had a few emails back and forth with Steve, and he replied:
=-=-=-=-=
I spoke to Clive about your mail and he was completely bowled over
by the suggestion and wish to thank you for your kind consideration.
As ever his reponse was that any money is welcome, since we really do
operate on a very tight budget, none of the team is paid for what they
do, we just want to do it and the efforts that the likes of Clive, Paul
Messenger and Kevin put in are nothing short of miraculous. The coming
season will no doubt be no different to any of the years that we have
gone racing, a small team up against the "big boys", still that is the
way we like it.
=-=-=-=-=
And he also sorted out the easiest way to contribute:
=-=-=-=-=
Many thanks for your message, sorry fior the delay in getting
back to you. We have been at a London Show, for what seems like
a month, but infact took two weeks out of the month. Been playing
catch up ever since.

Probably the best and safest way is via the secure order page on
the web site. If you place the order as Race Support I'll then pass
it onto the Team. $25.00 is about 15.00ukp.

I have sent a copy of your message and this reply to Paul Messenger,
who is now opperating the JL Racing e-mail, I'm sure he will be getting
a web page sorted out soon, (won't you Paul!!!).

Many thanks again for your interest and support.

Kind regards

Steve.
=-=-=-=-=
And Paul Messenger responded:
=-=-=-=-=
hi paul. my name is Paul Messenger, i am a mechanic in the jack lilley
racing
team.
steve has e-mailed me that you wish to donate $25 towards the TT600 race
project.
On behalf of the team i would like to thank you for this offer.
 At this moment we havenot received the bikes but we are making frantic
efforts to make sure no time is wasted once we have them. There is a
great
deal of work to do, also we have to purchase a large amount of goods
e.g.
stands & suspension parts therefore your donation will be most useful
I hope to soon set up a JLR web site where you will be able to catch up
with
the latest results and gossip from the pit lane, until then once again
many
thanks,Paul
Messenger.
=-=-=-=-=
So that's all there is to it. Just log onto the Lilley website
http://www.jacklilley.ltd.uk/
(Now I don't find their website too intuitive, but I have been able to
get to the order page by clicking on the scrolling "Check out the new
Accessories Page", then click on Miscellaneous, then on ORDER. This will
provide a secure Order Form. I filled out all the details, because I
will probably someday actually order something from them, but not quite
yet. Enter TT600 Race Support as the description. Fill in the amount you
wish to contribute.

Actually, I am quite relieved that Steve suggested this option. I was
beginning to imagine the hassle it would be to collect donations, make
everyone happy that there donation was actually going to get there, etc.

Anyroadup, (as I have been reading on the digest), I wish Steve, Paul ,
Clive and company the best of luck. If they succeed, then so much the
better, and me knowing I contributed in a tiny way to their success.
Let's get the Triumph name back on the podium!

Sorry about the longish post, but I wanted to be complete.